Cardiff, Hybrid working
Are you an enthusiastic and pro-active ecologist with a real passion for ecology and the natural world, looking for a great new role!
We're looking for a Consultant Ecologist to collaborate with colleagues in the South West & South Wales regional ecology team, where you will work on a wide range of projects, notably in the power and renewables, infrastructure sectors. If this sounds like you, read on!
As a Consultant Ecologist in a client facing role, you will deliver ecological consultancy and advisory services to both internal and external clients to a high level of technical quality, and you will programme and budget for Project work, as appropriate to your grade, within a supportive and friendly team environment.
We are looking for the following requirements;
- Experience of working in an ecology-related job role in the public and / or private sector;
- Detailed knowledge of UK and EC wildlife legislation and policy, particularly relevant to Wales, and the Ecological Impact Assessment (EcIA) process;
- Experience of designing, co-ordinating and leading field surveys;
- Experience in botanical identification, undertaking Phase 1 Habitat / NVC surveys and/or protected species surveys, preferably bats or dormouse;
- Professional, organised and thorough approach to work which demonstrates an attention to detail;
- Willing to travel to offices and sites across South Wales and South-West England, with potential for national and international travel;
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work to meet peaks in demands (ecology roles typically involve occasional longer/and or unsociable hours and a degree of working away from home for days/ weeks at a time); and
- Strong report writing skills, with demonstrable experience in producing a range of reports and providing ecological advice to clients and stakeholders.
- Full time position preferred. Part time role would be considered.
- must be able to attend site visits in remote locations, not accessible by public transport
Why this role?
Our client is very committed to helping its employees achieve a healthy work-life balance, they actively celebrate flexible working and would be happy to discuss a working arrangement to suit you. You will also receive a competitive salary, 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Get in touch today by clicking the apply button above, or send an email to Tom at: email@example.com to find out more or to arrange a confidential chat.
Allen & York - delivering Sustainable Recruitment Solutions since 1993.