Consultant Ecologist - Manchester
My client is a national, multi-disciplinary environmental consultancy with over 20 years' experience in environmental management services. With over 120 staff based throughout the UK, they work across both built and natural environment across a variety of sectors - from government agencies and major developers, to public sector bodies and housing associations.
As part of their ongoing growth and development in the North, my client is expanding its Ecology team and looking for a commercially focused professional to join the business. The individual will be based in the Manchester office.
As a Consultant Ecologist, you will be part of a busy multi-disciplinary consultancy team in the North, as well as provide support to the wider Ecology team throughout the UK. Working within the established northern consultancy team, you will also work alongside corporate teams including Business development, Marketing and HSEQ.
Main Duties to:
- Manage and oversee ecology projects
- Write reports and technical review work
- Advise clients on ecological aspects relating to their schemes - including mixed use and residential developments, minerals/waste projects, infrastructure and energy projects
- Business development with support from senior staff
- Considerable and demonstrable ecological expertise, preferably from within the consultancy sector, with experience of protected species survey and licencing
- Experience in managing ecological input to development projects of all scales across a range of sectors and working with other environmental disciplines
- Demonstrable experience of project management and client liaison
- Qualified to degree level or higher in a relevant field of Ecology, Natural Sciences or a related subject
- Associate or higher member of CIEEM
- A well-regarded team player able to develop a good rapport with both clients and colleagues
- Ability to understand the business environment of consultancy regarding ecology and be commercially astute
- Full driving license
- Licences for protected species surveys, particularly great crested newt and bats
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent internal training
- Structured career progression
- Pension Scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Flexible benefits