Who are we?
Fichtner Consulting Engineers Ltd is a well-established and highly regarded technical consultancy and part of the worldwide Fichtner Group. We work with clients in the UK across the renewable energy, conventional power generation and waste sectors, providing design and engineering services to financial institutions, developers and owner-operators. In the UK Fichtner employ over 100 professionals and operate from our head office in Stockport, Cheshire. We are an award-winning business holding Investors in People Gold and have been recognised by the engagement experts at Best Companies' as a 'outstanding' 2-star organisation in both 2014 and 2017.
- A good degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering;
- A Chartered Engineer, or actively working towards this;
Experience and skills desired:
- Experienced in the design, specification, development, construction and testing of gas connections, pressure reduction stations and distribution systems;
- Excellent understanding of the associated standards, legislation, testing and certification of gas distribution systems;
- Working knowledge of PSSR, PED and National Grid connections requirements for pipelines;
- Good understanding of the installation requirements for small to medium sized reciprocating engine generating sets (gas and fuel oil) would be an advantage;
- Substantial experience gained in project engineer, feasibility, and concept design of gas distribution systems;
- Able to accurately read and interpret quality or manufacturing documentation and P&ID's/engineering drawings;
- Have a good understanding of gas system maintenance requirements and appreciation of typical Capex/Opex costs;
- Ability to chair client and contractor meetings and initiate plant inspections;
- Ability to undertake audits and inspections of site installations to determine the condition, compliance and key features of gas assets;
- Strong and concise communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Very effective inter-personal skills;
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project;
- The ability to work as part of a team and also autonomously, as required;
- Willingness to undertake both office and site based work;
- Critical skills to evaluate and then explain complex technical issues to non-technical professionals; and
- A clean full driving licence and able to travel as required.
What we offer
a negotiable basic salary, car allowance, 25 days' annual leave, flexible working options, significant training and development opportunities, contributory pension, private medical scheme, life assurance, generous bonus scheme and cycle to work.
Fichtner Consulting Engineers is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and that each employee feels respected and able to give of their best every day.