Our client is a global professional services group based in London. This practise is their risk consulting group proactively helping clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks.
This team sits within a strategy group looking to grow. They provide economic advice in regulation, market entry, strategy competition and dispute resolution.
- Be a key member of their well-established team, delivering high quality projects for their regulatory clients including regulatory policy design, implementation and evaluation as well as organisational change.
- Support the business development across a range of sectors (as outlined above) and make a valued contribution through frequent meetings with clients in order to 'be seen in the market'.
- Develop insightful proposals and propositions which demonstrate their market leading position.
- Develop a sound technical knowledge of at least two sectors and of the regulatory framework and policies which operate in those sectors.
- Produce compelling reports that are well drafted and concise and which address complex regulatory issues providing insight and value to their clients.
- Gather evidence by conducting interviews, surveys, evaluation and other analysis on behalf of clients and as part of their project delivery.
- Liaise regularly with the wider Economics team in terms of lessons learned from client engagements and where good practice/methodologies could be cascaded.
- You will work in small teams, often to tight deadlines, in an adversarial environment where rigor and complete accuracy is vital.
- A postgraduate degree in Economics or a science of mathematics based subject is highly desirable
- Substantial working experience preferably in a consultancy environment
- Experience of working in the gas, electricity or water sectors.
- Experience of having worked in an energy or utility company/regulator or consultancy with a regulation or operational or strategy focus would be highly desirable.
- Experience of economic utilities regulation, particularly price control reviews would be highly desirable.
- Experience of delivery of business change in response to regulatory or market changes would be particularly valued.
- The core skill is an ability to use economic theory to turn facts and figures into a compelling narrative, usually with a precise quantitative conclusion.
- Experience in analytical techniques and financial modelling is highly desirable.
- Operational or asset management experience is also highly desirable.
At this client your long-term future is every bit as important to them as it is to you. Their aim is to give you experiences that will stay with you for a lifetime. Whether it's great training and development, mobility opportunities or corporate responsibility volunteering activities - you'll gain a wealth of experiences on which to build a rewarding career.
Flexible Working; While their client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, their flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a balanced lifestyle. We offer part time roles with flexible working arrangements which could include, annualised hours, early or late starts to fit around other commitments, shorter working days etc. They are happy to discuss your own requirements and their range of flexible working arrangements in more detail, should that be of interest and, as part of the recruitment process.