|Job Title:||Consultant, Senior and Principal Ecologist|
|Contact Name:||Callum Graham|
|Job Published:||2 months ago|
Are you a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual? Are you ready to join a team of highly skilled, professional ecologists? Our client is currently looking for experienced ecologists at Consultant, Senior and Principal level to join their Cheltenham and Cirencester based teams.
Within this role you will be working as part of a supportive and experienced team.
You will be tasked with providing technical support to a range of projects. It is vital that the successful candidate is well versed in the scoping of detailed habitat and species surveys and have experience in mitigation and translocation projects.
You will be required to have well rounded knowledge of the current planning system and environmental legislation and be able to communicate effectively to colleagues, third parties and stakeholders.
You must be willing to contribute to a supportive work environment, this could include playing a role in mentoring, training and line management of more junior ecologists.
You will be expected to have brilliant written communication and will be expected to complete detailed reports, proposals and tenders.
As the successful applicant, you will be joining an incredibly successful consultancy team. The multidisciplinary nature our client will mean you will be working a diverse range of projects.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Proven consultancy experience.
- Track record of management.
- Comprehensive knowledge of survey techniques.
- Experience of leading projects.
- Willingness to mentor and help develop assistant ecologists.
- Experience of liaising with senior colleagues, third parties and stakeholders.
- Commercial awareness of the industry.
- Knowledge of European protected species licensing.
- Excellent understanding of environmental legislation and planning policy.
- A class 1 of above protected species licence.
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position.
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com