Geo Environmental Consultant or Senior Consultant
ALLEN & YORK are working on behalf of a multidiscipline consultancy with one of the largest Ground Engineering teams in the UK. We are seeking an experienced ground engineering consultant to join the team in Southampton.
You will be inputting into a range of site investigations and associated reports for projects across the South Coast. The team makes up a network of offices across the South of England that take on major redevelopment and infrastructure projects. The team boast leading in-house laboratory testing and verification services, making them one of the leading service providers in this sector in the UK.
As part of this role, you will be:
- Supporting and/or Managing a variety of geo-environmental projects for both external clients and for other teams within RSK
- Providing technical support at all stages of assigned projects and controlling project costs
- Overseeing ground investigations
- Soil and rock logging to current UK standards, including laboratory scheduling
- Knowledge of geotechnical and contaminated land issues
You will hold:
- BEng or BSc or equivalent in Geology / Environmental Science or similar
- Chartered status with a relevant professional body or working towards Chartered status with a relevant institution (e.g. CGeol, CEng, RoGEP
- Typically requires at least 1-3 years (consultant grade) and 4-6 years (senior grade) specific relevant experience
- A thorough understanding of geology, ground investigation works, contaminated land and engineering geology
This is a strong opportunity to join one of the UK's leading teams in their South Coast office. Applications will be appraised and progressed as soon as they are received. Contact Tom Herbert for more details, email@example.com