Reporting to: Head of Consultation
The role of the consultation manager is to devise, implement and manage plans and strategies to deliver public consultations that meet sponsor requirements and are aligned to government principles. Lead the delivery of consultations on target and within budget.
-Develop strategies for the delivery of consultations by liaising and negotiating with internal stakeholders, agreeing budgets, presenting evidence, assembling a team, and preparing a detailed project plan.
- Lead the delivery of consultations, ensuring they are robust, well-evidenced and legally fit for purpose
- Define and implement standards for consultations
- Establish and manage governance structures for consultations
- Ensure robust systems for receipt, analysis, and storage of all responses
- Produce accurate summary reports of consultation responses, to be issued to the Secretary of State and eventually published in the public domain
- Deal with external stakeholders,media and officials
- Present recommendations and advice at a Board level in order to gain approvals and budgets
- Manage the procurement of external suppliers and equipment, writing technical specifications and evaluating tender submissions
- Management of all team & staff attending consultation events, including health and safety.
- Deputise for the Head of Consultation as required.
Interested? Get in touch...