Allen & York are proud to be again supporting one of the UK's most technically astute teams within the Contaminated Land Consultancy sector. We helped to place 3 consultants in this team in 2017, and due to a continued desire to grow in line with a strong order book, the team in Bristol is looking to grow once more.
We are looking for a Contaminated Land consultant with experience of up to 5 years in a similar setting, to join the established team in the South West.
Core Responsibilities will include the following:
- Field work including supervision of geo-environmental ground investigations / sub-contractor management;
- Remediation supervision;
- Preparation of technical reports, including desk studies, site investigation reports, risk assessments, remediation options appraisals and verification reports;
- Data review and interpretation;
- Preparation of project HSSE plans and method statements; and
- Compliance with Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Essential Experience and attitudes that you will bring to the role:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the contaminated land assessment process, hydrogeology, contaminant fate and transport modelling, development of site conceptual models, analytical methodologies and sampling procedures;
- The ability to write high quality concise technical reports and manage this process;
- Demonstrate logical and clear thinking;
- The ability to present, analyse and interpret data;
- Knowledge of geotechnical field investigation and testing is desirable;
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Be willing to travel and spend periods of time away on field based projects
Candidates should have a Master's degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. Hydrogeology, Geochemistry, Environmental Science, Applied Environmental Geology).
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leader in the contaminated land space, with the opportunity to work on international projects and gain exposure to complex sites and contaminants. Contact Tom Herbert on 01202 888 986.