Contract Manager - South West
Looking to drive a Tesla?
Are you a dynamic and talented Contract Manager with experience in managing commercial grounds maintenance work?
An opportunity has arisen for a Contract Manager to work for a leading Ground Maintenance company. My client offers a truly national service that includes grounds maintenance, winter maintenance, tree works and vegetation management, soft and hard landscaping, ecology, design & build, pest control and fencing. They are the contractor of choice for many well-known private and public organisations - Network Rail, Tesco, Severn Trent Water, Sainsbury's, Arqiva and the Tower of London to name a few.
You will deliver consistent high quality grounds maintenance services and acquiring additional business. You will manage Field Teams and directly employed staff that will be a critical success factor to delivering grounds maintenance work on-time to the specified standard.
Key responsibilities will be:
- Recruiting and training Field Teams in "Ways of Working" and expected quality standards
- Daily quality monitoring of Field Teams' work
- Line management and performance management of directly employed staff
- Effectively build and maintain client relationships
- Providing management reports
- Price, sell, and manage landscaping work, either additional grounds maintenance work required on sites currently maintained by Ground Control or large landscaping projects implemented as part of a construction project.
- Develop successful working relationships with local client decision-makers
- Accurately price new maintenance sites under tender.
- Identify, price and supervise additional works on existing grounds maintenance sites.
You will ideally have had some, but not necessarily all, of the following experiences before joining:
- Two to three year's practical work experience ("on the tools") in landscaping or grounds maintenance
- Two to three year's management experience
- Further education, ideally in Horticulture
- Entrepreneurial experience running his/her own business.
Additional Benefits Include:
- Semi-Annual Bonuses
- Share Options
- Company Pension
- Discounted BUPA healthcare
- Training and Development
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org