Package: Negotiable and highly competitive
A leading environmental specialist have a newly created position for a Contracting Director. Working all over the UK delivering a variety of environmental enhancement projects including, river restoration and ecological mitigation works from concept through to delivery. Working for a broad range of clients including utilities, infrastructure and charities. Due to increased workload they are creating a new managerial role to lead and inspire our contracting teams.
You will be a proven leader and will oversee the diverse and exciting programme of contracting works which this year have surpassed £8M in value. You will report directly to the company directors and be accountable for the delivery of the team below you. You will ensure that you meet financial targets whilst maintaining the highest quality, environmental and health & safety standards. You will directly manage two contract managers and a lead estimator and work with the current team to grow the business sustainably.
- Accountable for contracting team's delivery of KPIs and reporting these to board of directors on quarterly basis
- Work with the directors to ensure we are meeting the highest standards in Health & Safety, Quality and Sustainability in line with company policies and management systems
- Oversee estimating team (contracting) to ensure we are accurately pricing work, and building a strong order book
- Oversee management team (Contract Managers, Project Managers and Site Managers) to ensure efficient programming and resourcing of projects
- Responsible for the management and development of a 40+ strong team; delivering anything from one to eight projects on the ground at any one time
- Ensure we have an accurate commercial oversite of all projects
- Work closely with other department leads (Ecology and Design) to ensure integration throughout the company
- Work with HR to ensure we a recruiting the right people and developing existing staff to their full potential
Personal & professional qualities:
- An established and effective leader
- A natural communicator and motivator
- Strong commercial experience, especially NEC3 contracts
- Ability and proven track record to deliver multiple projects by driving the team forward with effective delegation and/or a physical ability on site
- Ability to empower a team, and drive accountability
- Experience of managing multi-million pound budgets
- Experience of environmental contracting, construction or engineering industries with a passion for the natural world
- Over 20 years industry experience
- Relevant professional / academic qualifications
There is a great working environment based in a rural setting in Wiltshire. You will be enrolled on the company pension scheme and have an annual leave allowance that increases with years served. My client has over fifty staff working from two offices in Salisbury and Leamington Spa covering design, contracting and ecology there are numerous opportunities for career progression.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com