|Job Title:||Control Engineer|
|Location:||North London, London|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Vicky Kenrick|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Allen and York are working with a global renewable energy company which has been active in the renewable energy industry for over 30 years. They are currently looking to appoint a Control Engineer to work as part of their team, to develop the energy management system to control a variety of energy storage and renewable power plants to optimise safety, revenues and reliability.
Support the Development Manager in the implementation of the energy management system for energy storage. This will include the following activities:
- Will be part of the Group Engineering function, with a direct reporting line to the Development Manager.
- Develop hardware, graphical user interface and PLC code to provide high level control to the following systems, either individually or in any combination of the following:
- Energy storage systems
- Solar farms
- Wind farms
- Hybrid Power Plants
- Develop communication protocols and methodology between the above items of plant and grid operators to allow grid operator remote dispatch of these power plants.
- Willingness to travel to support real world deployments globally, and to RES Americas headquarters in Denver on at least a quarterly basis.
- Provide support to projects outside energy management as required by the business
- Programming of PLCs. Allen Bradley is a requirement, others (Siemens, GE Fanuc, Mitsubishi) etc is an advantage)
- Design and selection of control system hardware
- On site implementation and testing of SCADA systems
- Experience of working within the Power Generation Industry would be beneficial
- Knowledge of PLC programming languages and strategies
- Knowledge of optimising PLC code for speed of response
- Knowledge of Power Industry communication protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC61850)
- Knowledge of on site and remote data capture systems and strategies
- Design, implementation and testing of remote communication systems
- PLC programming
Degree in Electrical or Control Systems Engineering or equivalent qualifications with additional experience of 3+ years within control systems.
We look forward to receiving your application. For more information please contact Vicky Kenrick at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.