Our client is the world's largest independent energy company with their HQ in the UK. They offer a range of energy technologies including onshore and offshore wind, solar, energy storage and transmission around the world.
They require a control engineer for their product which is an energy storage management system.
As energy supply becomes more decentralised and renewable energy makes up a greater percentage of the energy mix, applications where multiple technologies are deployed on the same site will become increasingly common.
Controlling a diverse range of technologies will be a key challenge in the future that the Energy Management System project is aiming to address.
The development of this control system is particularly important to this client's Energy Storage business.
The Control Engineer will be part of the Group Engineering function, with a direct reporting line to the product development Manager.
- Support the Development Manager the implementation of the energy management system for energy storage.
- Develop the product graphical user interface / HMI screens
- Develop PLC code to the standards defined by the Development Manager
- Provide onsite commissioning support to implementations of the control systems in operational projects
- Knowledge of HMI development including Databases and scripting (i.e. Python/VBA)
- Knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming languages and strategies
- Knowledge of Power Industry communication protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC61850)
- Knowledge of on site and remote data capture systems
- HMI development
- On site commissioning of SCADA systems
- Team working
- Documentation and quality control of work product
- PLC programming