Our Client is one of the UK's leading generators of low carbon and renewable power. They have a unique opportunity to play an active role in building out the UK power generation capacity requirements over the coming decade.
As the Development and Estates Manager for this ambitious energy developer, you will be responsible for securing real estate and planning consents for future renewable and sustainable energy projects.
- You will have experience of identifying, negotiating and securing land rights for development.
- You will also be responsible for securing project planning permissions in accordance with specifications and designs.
- A primary part of the job is to liaise with all stakeholders, including; Landowners, regulatory authorities, suppliers, internal management teams, clients and utilities.
- You'll support the estate manager to conduct rent reviews, lease renewals and planning variations.
- To support development and construction activity by securing and managing the variety of property interests required to deliver successful financed renewable and low carbon energy projects. Also, to support other types of renewable energy projects that may arise.
- This opportunity is based UK wide but with involvement in renewable energy projects in Scotland, Wales and England routine travel and occasional overnight stays will be required.
- Advise internal team members on the property aspects of development and construction projects to optimise the projects and maintain compliance with agreement requirements.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of property professionals to build on industry intelligence and market rates for renewable energy property transactions.
- Develop and maintain internal property document management and reporting practices.
- Provide input to project budgets and financial models.
- Degree calibre education
- Ideally, land-related qualification (eg. RICS etc or land-related degree)
- Commercial and numerate
- Strong communication skills for dealings with landowners and agents
- Desirable knowledge of land market rental values