Development Project Manager
We are proud to be working with one of the largest renewable energy company who are looking to recruit a Development Project Manager. You will focus on delivery of new wind power projects and potentially work on other renewable energy projects (solar, storage) depending on business requirements.
You will manage:
- Running the project (including budget, programme and team management) and deciding project strategy up to point of planning consent;
- Handle and undertake community relations and communications;
- Produce an Environmental Statement; secure planning consent;
- Obtain planning condition compliance and support planning compliance during construction and operation.
- You will work on at least 2 development projects at any one time with the total number depending on business and project requirements.
- Add customer value and reduce costs (DEVEX, CAPEX and OPEX) for projects ensuring project viability on a subsidy free basis through efficient working, careful scoping, procurement and creative engineering and design opportunities, and project economic/financial modelling.
- Set and lead the project programme following strategy to consent.
- Manage project budget to point of consent: includes management of all hours and costs.
- Manage EIA screening, scoping and producing the planning application, normally accompanied by an Environmental Statement.
- Manage management of external consultants and internal technical or engineering support in relation to the project design, ES production, or condition discharge bundles.
- Coordinate engineering design, technical studies and grid requirements along with a solid understanding of how to maximize profit and the probability of securing consent - supported by the engineer/technical analyst.
- Plan submission and driving towards a consent.
- Manage Appeals process, which may involve management of a Public Inquiry.
- Obtain pre-commencement planning condition discharge.
- Obtain any post consent planning variations, including planning extension.
- Ensure project documentation and consultation is aligned with planning policy and EIA regulations.
- Handling external partner relationships, including landowners, local community, planning bodies, local politicians and other influencers including objectors, all consultees statutory or otherwise, grid companies, consultants, suppliers, regulators and media.
Knowledge & Skills
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of planning policy relating to renewable energy is a key requirement.
- Detailed knowledge of the drivers for a successful wind farm development and understanding of the common risks.
- Knowledge of the Appeals and Public Inquiry legal process.
- Knowledge of Environmental Impact regulations.
- Project economics & commercial aspects of projects.
- Ability to handle and co-ordinate inputs from external consultants and project team members.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills.
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience with the Scottish planning system is a key requirement.
- Managing projects within resource and budget constraints.
- Dealing with planning authorities and other project partners, including landowners, general public, project contractors, external consultants and development partners.
- Producing Planning Applications, Environmental Statements and planning condition discharge bundles.
- Experience of the Appeals process including Public Inquires desirable.
- Degree in planning, environmental, engineering, technical or science-based subject or equivalent.
- Professional qualification or working towards, e.g. MRTPI
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org