||Director Air Quality- South East
||South East England, England
||over 2 years ago
Director of Air Quality
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Air Quality Associate to join an established team as a Director. This will be a leadership position with responsibilities for technical leadership of the South East air quality teams and significant business development responsibilities. This post offers excellent career opportunities in a large, friendly and well established team supporting one of the world's largest integrated engineering, construction and technical services organisations.
The team has over 30 full-time air quality specialists in the UK with over 500 practitioners worldwide.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge of the air quality outlook, have the ability to work well in a team and have excellent communication and report writing skills.
Particular experience of delivering highways air quality assessments using Design Manual for Roads and Bridges and WebTAG approaches is essential.
Their work mainly delivers solutions to a broad base of client sectors including development, energy, oil and gas, water, government and transportation. There are opportunities to support their clients not only through EIA and planning related services but through the full spectrum of project life services including monitoring, due diligence, occupational exposure assessments, risk management, emissions monitoring and the drafting of good practice guidance.
- Technical leadership of SE air quality teams
- Business development and innovation
- Undertaking air quality impact assessments of developments, roads and industrial facilities
- Use of dispersion modelling to predict air quality impacts
- Undertaking and / or managing ambient and workplace monitoring studies
- You will have strong development skills and have the ability to develop and manage the work of others - working in terms is vital to working in Air Quality
- Have the technical ability, knowledge and competence to provide guidance to teach and develop junior staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively and iteratively within a multi-disciplinary design team.
- Establishing strong working relationships with other internal teams, particularly within their transportation division
- Business development with internal and external clients
- Responsibility for developing health and safety risk assessments for site work to ensure personal and team safety.
- Degree level in a numerical science, and ideally a postgraduate qualification
- Full membership of a relevant professional body or certificate of successful completion of professional training, such as MIAQM, BOHS, STA, MCERTS would also be of interest as evidence of relevant experience.
- Experience completing air quality assessments for road schemes, residential and commercial developments, LAQM studies.?
- Ability to demonstrate a detailed understanding and knowledge of the air quality outlook.
- Previous work experience in a similar role is required
- An enthusiasm in excellent report writing skills.
- Extensive dispersion modelling experience
- Good understanding of ambient air quality monitoring
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Permitting and compliance for industrial facilities would be beneficial
- You should be able to demonstrate GIS or programming skills
- Full, clean driving licence
Please call Zoe Payne for an informal discussion on 01202 888 986 Ext 202