Our client is a specialised global professional services firm providing Strategy & Operations consulting and Transaction advisory services to the Financial Services, Energy and Healthcare sectors. The company has a strong growth agenda and a commitment to innovation, built on trust, teamwork, and enthusiasm that values and respects its employees and clients.
Role: Our client is looking for a Consulting Director with specialist Offshore Wind project development experience and an understanding of the wider international Offshore Wind landscape, to develop, shape and deliver Technical Advisory services, and thus help support the company’s Perform and Innovate strategic imperatives.
- Contribute to the overall Energy sector growth strategy via Business and Practice Development
- Develop a go-to market strategy for our targeted client base
- Collaborate across practices to bring the best of all company service lines and offerings to clients
- Forge new client relationships and contribute to the practice’s overall client delivery capacity
- Lead and motivate project teams to execute on client promises
- Shape, sponsor, and invest in career development of company consultants and managers
- Create a strong, sustainable pipeline of business based on these service offering
- Create and manage a steady flow of sustainable revenue
- Develop new and compelling Offshore Wind consulting services assisting clients to be successful in the highly competitive tendering environment
- Ability to create, maintain and enhances long-term relationships with clients to ensure client satisfaction and generate opportunities for others within the firm
- A deep understanding of the current trends, issues, and best practices in offshore wind project development
- Ability to engage with potential clients to understand their challenges and needs, shape and recommend solutions, and close sales opportunities
- Ability to develop a robust pipeline of qualified and developed opportunities, converting into annuity revenue streams
- Ability to collaborate, building effective working relationships with direct reports and professionals across the business
- Ability to oversee multiple, million-dollar plus engagements and a reference list of satisfied clients
- The ability to create new, new market ready consulting offerings in the area of offshore wind technical advisory services
The successful candidate would ideally have a 10+ year track record selling and delivering high-level Technical Advisory / Lender's Engineer consulting services to blue chip clients in the Offshore Wind industry. Of overall importance is the candidate’s passion, desire, and proven ability to grow a consulting business, lead consulting teams, and thrive in a highly collaborative, partnership driven, environment.
In addition, they must be proficient in a number of the following areas;
- Programme management in major Offshore Wind development projects
- Due diligence reviews