ALLEN & YORK Ltd have been approached by a leading water and wastewater company based in the South East of England. They are looking to recruit an experienced professional to fill the position of Water Risk Planner, who will fulfil the needs of the Water Framework Directive to fully develop and sustain Water Safety Plans.
Responsibilities & Scope of Role:
- It will be your responsibility to routinely report to the Wastewater Risk Manager about any changes during the process that could potentially affect the WSP status.
- To review efficacy of the procedures and introduce change when needed.
- Be confident in establishing and maintaining a solid working relationship with all stakeholders.
- To develop a monitoring programme for the management of WSPs within operational areas and document effectiveness, compliance with protocols, reasons for changes, emerging trends and mitigating actions.
- Ensure all working manuals reflect the requirements of WSPs and are cross referenced to those plans where appropriate and where it applies, always implementing the risk based approach.
- To ensure that, the programming, production and maintenance of the catchments, WTWs and network WSP are finished to schedule and are delivered with a high-quality standard.
- To liaise with the Waste Water Assets Infrastructure Team and Operations on the implementation of the Sewerage and Operating Maintenance Strategy and report on progress.
- To communicate recommendations arising from WSPs to the Waste Water Assets Infrastructure and Non-Infrastructure Teams and support in the development of appropriate mitigation measures.
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Must hold an Honours Degree/higher, that is of a Technical or Scientific background.
- You are a member of an appropriate professional organisation e.g. CIWEM/IW/IAM.
- Experience and understanding of Wastewater operations.
- A good working knowledge of Waste Water Regulations and associated EU and WHO standards is essential.
- Previous experience in implementing Water Safety Plans within the UK Water Industry, would be desirable.
- Thorough understanding of risk assessments and risk management - ISO 31000/ISO 55000.
- Understanding of the company's regulatory framework and regulatory and statutory obligations.
- Well-developed technical and communication skills.
- Ability to deliver against targets and timescales is essential.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Rachel Gladdis at Allen & York Ltd