As part of continued growth, a new position has arisen for an Ecological Clerk of Works. You will work with a wide range of clients, particularly developers, utility companies and the renewable energy and rural industries. You will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
Short-term contract to deliver on-site ecological consultancy support and advice on a major infrastructure project as Project Manager and providing Ecological Clerk of Works (ECoW).
Successful candidates will:
- Need previous ECoW experience, particularly on large infrastructure projects.
- Have experience of a wide range of ecological issues relating to de-vegetation works, including protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client's satisfaction.
- Be able to undertake ecological site assessments to inform precautionary working methods/further mitigation.
- Be able to confidently deliver on-site advice and inductions and be prepared to stop contractors from working while further advice is sought, if necessary.
- Have clear understanding of relevant legislation
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Be able to write clear, concise reports.
- Have experience in client management.
- Report writing skills.
- Client management experience.
- Have a Degree or Diploma in Ecology / Environmental discipline or other relevant qualification.
- Have a minimum of three years' experience working in Ecology.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Hold European Protected Species licence and have experience in European Protected Species survey work.
- Membership of CIEEM/IEMA.
- CSCS card
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org