As a result of success in the Ecology area, my client has a vacancy for an Ecological Consultant. As the successful candidate, you will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
To deliver ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment.
This will involve:
- Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and EcoCheck surveys and more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Supporting sales activities by assisting with drafting proposals and quotes.
Successful candidates will:
- Undertake a wide range of ecological surveys including extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and EcoCheck surveys including more specialist work such as protected species surveys and mitigation. This will involve ensuring that work is delivered on time and is delivered to the client's satisfaction.
- Write and produce concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Gain experience of protected species licensing with the aim of being a named ecologist on a European Protected Species Licence.
- Hold at least one Natural England survey licence.
- Manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Help to achieve team and personal sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, and assisting with tenders.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Experience with European Protected Species survey work.
- Membership of CIEEM.
Ideal but not essential
- PTS qualified.
- Report writing skills.
- Quote/tender production.
- Client management experience.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org