As a result of success within the Ecology division, a vacancy for an Ecological Consultant has arisen. You will join a team of Ecology professionals who work closely with colleagues in other disciplines, such as Planning, Landscape and Archaeology.
To deliver ecological consultancy and mitigation works in a fast moving, client focussed commercial environment. This will involve:
- Undertaking a wide range of ecological surveys including Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys, protected species surveys and mitigation.
- Carrying out desk studies, consultations, research, data management and analysis, and report writing.
- Liaising with clients and statutory bodies.
- Gaining experience of protected species licensing with the aim of being a named ecologist on a European Protected Species Licence.
- Producing Ecological Impact Assessments.
- Inputting into ecological sections of Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Supporting sales activities by assisting with drafting proposals and quotes.
You will have:
- Experience of undertaking Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and producing Preliminary Ecological Appraisals.
- Experience of undertaking a range of protected species surveys.
- Have written and produced concise ecological reports that are compliant with relevant legislation and meet the needs of the client, both in terms of satisfaction and client deadlines.
- Experience with European Protected Species survey work.
- Hold at least one Natural England survey licence (or be working towards one).
- Be able to manage own time to ensure that work is delivered on time and to the required standards.
- Have sales experience and be able to help achieve team and personal sales targets through building good client relationships, undertaking sales activities such as writing proposals, and assisting with tenders.
- A full driving licence will be required as will the need for flexible working with regard to type of work, timing and location.
- Membership of CIEEM.
Ideal but not essential
- PTS qualified.
- Level 1 or 2 bat licence.
- Client management experience.
Salary and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care
- Regular training and career development
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com