Are you looking for a role with more variety? The chance to develop and shape your career in the areas you enjoy? Well, we are offering the opportunity for ecologists to do just that!
My client has vacancies based in Bristol and Cardiff for ecologists of consultant and Senior level. The successful candidate will possess the technical skill set to work on a wide range of projects, both in the field and in the office. You will have the desire to consistently produce work of outstanding quality, aid the development of your peers and progress your professional education to become a highly skilled ecologist.
Within this role you will be expected to use your diverse range of skills to oversee and aid the completion of projects. You will be working on a wide range of projects, therefore you will be expected to have a large skill set. Within this role you will not get pigeon holed, rather allowed to work on project that best suit and interest you.
You will be putting your technical skill set to use in the field, where you will be expected to supervise sites and aid the development and education of junior members of staff.
You will be expected to produce factually accurate reports of all natures and actively contribute to the company's business development strategy.
Throughout projects you will be the client interface; communicating information and relaying this back to your senior peers. You will be expected to ensure work fits with the clients briefs and is completed on time and to the highest standard.
As the successful applicant, you will be part of a strong, UK wide, ecological workforce, where you will get treated as one big cohesive team to minimise time spent away from home. You will receive bespoke in-house training to allow yourself to become skilled in the areas that you enjoy working and to be able to deliver this work to the highest standard.
Our client offers a bat licence incentivisation scheme to encourage ecologist to complete their licences, as they understand that this process takes time and certainly isn't easy. They also offer a financial bonus for anybody who has achieved their Chartered environmental status.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in ecological consultancy
- Bat survey licence desirable, NE or NRW.
- Experience of working projects in a diverse range of sectors.
- Effective colleague, client and stakeholder communication.
- A personal and professional interest in UK Wildlife.
- Commercial awareness of the industry.
- A strong technical skillset, a specialism is highly desirable.
- Experience of report writing.
- Desire to manage and mentor a team.
- Enthusiastic about business development and growth.
- A degree and/ or a post graduate qualification in a relevant discipline.
- A Full UK driving licence is required for this position
This is a rare chance to join a well-established and highly regarded Consultancy. We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Callum Graham at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or Cgraham@allen-york.com