Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor - EfW
Leading energy from waste (EfW), recycling and resource management company, are looking for a Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor to lead teams of mechanical fitters (in-house) and mechanical and civil contractors engaged in the repair, maintenance, installation and commissioning of fixed equipment and plant.
- Identify faults and arrange / carryout repairs on all mechanical plant.
- Manage the completion of planned maintenance of equipment in accordance with job specifications.
- Carry out project work as required to the correct standards.
- Write-up all relevant documentation and reports.
- To be responsible for your specific designated area of the plant, and at the same time keep abreast of the needs of other supervisors' areas in order to support and provide cover.
- To supervise the day-to-day work of a team of maintenance fitters and apprentices providing mechanical support to all plant and equipment.
- To monitor, check and correct all time and attendance entries for the department's staff.
Skills & Qualifications
- Proven ability to lead and supervise a team, providing coaching and training support.
- You will have recognised training in mechanical fitting, including machining or pipefitting.
- NVQ Level 3, City & Guilds or similar vocational qualifications.
- Supervisory Health and Safety qualifications / certifications.
- You will demonstrate considerable experience in problem solving techniques / approaches in technical applications related to power generation or process plant operations. Direct experience in the repair of the following areas of plant:
- Water Tube Boilers and associated plant
- Steam Turbines
- Cranes (including overhead grabbing cranes)
- Hydraulic systems
- Conveyor systems
- Abatement Plant (e.g. precipitators, Flue Gas Treatment (FGT) plant, Effluent Treatment Plant (ETP) etc.
- Fire protection systems
- 28 days holiday (plus BH).
- Health Care.
- Yearly pay increase (above rate of inflation).
For more information about this position, please contact Charles Cocklin at ALLEN & YORK 01202 888 986.
We look forward to receiving your application.