|Job Title:||EHS Advisor|
|Location:||South London, London|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Bullen|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
London - Southern Region
My client is a global powerhouse focusing on the areas of electrification, automation and digitalisation.
I am recruiting for a Regional EHS advisor to be based in South London but covering the Southern region for Rail Electrification. The EHS Advisor will be responsible for safety on southern regions projects. This is an operational role and will require an amount of travel around the region visiting the various live sites in the region. To work alongside the operational team to provide support and specialist knowledge and competence to the projects.
- Provide coaching, guidance and advice to projects and employees on HSQE legislation and standards using specialist knowledge and competence.
- Assist in the development and review of Project Environmental, Health and Safety plans and other supporting project documentation.
- Ensure safety risks, environmental aspects and health risks are identified and regularly reviewed for projects, locations and services. As well as suitable mitigation control implemented and maintained.
- Attend client meetings and forums as required. Attend project meetings to ensure all EHS requirements are considered and actioned.
- Assist projects using problem solving techniques to resolve EHS issues, proactively promote best practice and be an integral part of the project team.
- Undertake audits and inspections on site, and of sub-contractors/suppliers in conjunction with the project audit plan.
- Provide awareness training, mentoring, briefing and information to the Project / Office Teams on EHS matters to ensure awareness of relevant legislation and standards.
- Develop and document local Emergency/Business continuity plans and provide support in your area of responsibility for ensuring their effectiveness.
- Investigate HSQE issues, including accidents, incidents, occupational ill-health and high potential close calls. Ensure applicable regulatory reporting is completed and records maintained.
- Provide regular reports and analysis of EHS performance within your area of responsibility, as well as actions to address any negative performance and / or emerging trends.
- Support maintenance of the Business Management System as required to ensure compliance with ISO 9001, 14001, and OHSAS 18001 and client requirements. This will include supporting the development and review of procedures and instructions.
- Review of legislation, industry standards and guidance documents as directed by the standards review group.
- Ensure all EHS records are centrally maintained to comply with legal requirements, contract requirements and Siemens standards for document retention and records management.
- Support the implementation of the HSQE strategy and EHS initiatives as directed by the HSQE Lead. As well as any applicable client led initiatives.
- NEBOSH Health and Safety Construction Certificate as a minimum (or equivalent qualification)
- Environmental Management Certificate
- Internal auditor qualification (environment, health and safety or quality)
- Track Safety / Passport competence relevant to role (PTS / ICI).
- Ideally have working knowledge of both rail and engineering interfaces and practices
- Relevant industry and professional experience with EHS
- Technical Member of: Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
- Associate Member of: Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA)
- Good understand of Quality processes, standards and improvement techniques.
- Experience in accident investigation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Coaching & collaboration skills.