EIA Consultant - Glasgow
With continued growth year on year my client is now looking to recruit a motivated, commercially aware EIA Consultant to join their friendly team. Building on existing and growing EIA portfolio. Providing consultancy to a broad spectrum of private organisations, in areas such as housing, ports & harbours, energy transmission, renewables, and industrial. You will also provide advice to public sector clients covering healthcare, education and research.
Full time permanent position based in Glasgow. The post will involve:
- Coordination, management and writing relevant sections of Environmental Statements / EIA Reports across a range of sectors, including the overall production of the Environmental Statement / EIA Report;
- Support to the Environmental Assessment team in developing new business opportunities and writing tender proposals for EIA projects across a range of sectors;
- Co-ordination of and interaction with a busy multi-disciplinary team across Scotland; and
- Acting as a regular client interface.
You will have:
- At least 3 or more years' proven UK EIA consultancy experience, having been closely involved in the project management of EIA and in compiling Environmental Statements. Scottish experience is an advantage;
- An ability to think commercially and work cross-company;
- A relevant undergraduate degree (with additional MSc preferable) and Associate membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (AIEMA);
- Proven skills and experience in project management, and the ability to produce written reports to a high standard. Examples may be requested;
- Excellent attention to detail and strong understanding of quality systems such as ISO 9001;
- A good understanding of EIA legislation and the Scottish planning system;
- Proven experience with clients, internal multi-disciplinary teams, sub-consultants and regulators, with associated strong and confident communication skills.
??It would also be an advantage, but not essential to have the following skills:
- Direct experience of the Scottish planning system - for example submission of planning applications, discharge of conditions, writing of Planning Statements etc.;
- Some experience in assisting another technical discipline (e.g. ecological survey, noise, air quality); and/or
- GIS experience in ArcGIS.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com