We are proud to be working with one of the fastest growing consultancies to recruit an EIA Project Manager. Working within diverse sectors including minerals, waste, power; and the wider development sector and associated Local Authority work. You will be and EIA Coordinator with an expert knowledge of the development planning process and a track record of successfully securing planning permissions to provide strategic support in the successful delivery of projects, and leadership and guidance of associated Planning and EIA teams across these sectors
The role could potentially be based in any of the English or Welsh offices but would be particularly suited to Bristol, Bradford on Avon, Cardiff, Nottingham, Shrewsbury or Worcester due to the presence of existing team members in these offices.
- Proven capabilities in successfully delivering applications under the Town & Country Planning/Planning Act within timescale/budget constraints.
- Proven consultancy (or similar) experience managing and leading multidisciplinary teams and leading on client management/contact and bids/tenders.
- Planning or EIA related degree and either holding professional qualification (e.g. RTPI or IEMA) or working towards membership.
- Good knowledge of the UK Planning systems and associated EIA Regulations.
- Good report writing and computing skills with an understanding of EIA methodologies and experience of reviewing related reports.
- Strong organisational, communication and interpersonal skills. An ability to work as part of a team, and to manage a team of internal or external consultants.
- Holds full driving licence valid in the UK.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As the successful candidate you will lead a variety of projects ranging from complex applications (often involving EIA) to smaller submissions, variation of conditions and planning policy work; and taking applications from initial inception through to consent and discharge of planning conditions. The main types of applications relate to energy, renewables, minerals, waste, infrastructure as well as a range of built development proposals.
The work will involve coordinating a range of in-house and external technical specialists together with taking the lead on the preparation of a range of high quality technical reports. You will have the opportunity to work within an experienced team and be involved in a series of exciting challenges with one of the leading environmental consultancies in the UK.
This is a great opportunity to join a growing consultancy with great apparitions. There is a generous salary and benefits package on offer as well as a good chance to develop through the company. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 ext 280 or email email@example.com