This position will fulfil the role as a contestable or project lead electrical designer on projects up to 33kV for ICP and client side/ private networks.
The designer will need to liaise with other civil, structural, protection and electrical design colleagues, other g2 departments, as well as with DNOs, clients, landowners and others where required. This role therefore gives an excellent opportunity for an individual to see significant projects through from start to finish and have exposure to all design elements.
The candidate's abilities should include:
· A minimum of 3 years experience in undertaking contestable or DNO designs for electrical connections up to 33kV to UK requirements
· Be educated to degree level
· Be competent in the use of AutoCad
· Be able to produce HV network connection Single line diagrams, LVAC drawings, multi-core schedules, have a basic understanding of the principals of protection etc
· Preferably have HV Earthing design experience (CDEGS ideally)
· Undertake HV/LV cable design and evaluation (derating and short circuit calculations)
· Have design project management abilities
· Key components tendering and quotation design abilities (e.g. transformer, HV switchgear)
· Have good interpersonal skills.