Electrical Engineer - Scotland
Our client has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Engineer to join their team in Edinburgh on a permanent basis.
This is a chance to join a dynamic and evolving team of in Edinburgh providing support in the delivery of water and wastewater treatment projects.
The role will support Project Managers and Project Technical Leads by providing technical expertise to ensure that projects are delivered to cost, schedule, technical and quality standards to meet client expectations.
As part of the Design Team the role has responsibility for providing support in all areas of Electrical Engineering in the development of efficient technical solutions that will deliver improvements to water and wastewater treatment facilities and infrastructure in line with Client strategic requirements.
- Experience within the water industry with a focus on the feasibility and outline design of water / wastewater treatment processes and equipment
- Responsible for supporting the Project Technical Lead and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
- Undertake feasibility, scoping and design activities on projects within the required timescales and within agreed design budgets
- Undertake production of technical reports, calculations, development of design and construction drawings and specifications in compliance with relevant industry standards. Ensure all solutions are safe to build, operate and maintain
- Preparation of the Business Case Reports clearly defining the project proposals for submission for governance approval
- Work closely with the all parties in the project team to ensure the right solution is delivered
- Communicate and quantify any residual risks associated with the preferred solution
- Work collaboratively with Client, Project and Contractor Teams to deliver integrated design solutions
- Investigate and apply innovative approaches that will improve the way we work and drive efficiency
- Maintain up to date technical knowledge of survey, design, drafting, project and contract management standards and techniques
- Liaise with client and ensure that programmes and projects are managed effectively to ensure delivery in a manner which meets quality, time and budget specifications
- Maintain communication and develop ongoing relationships with clients, stakeholders and customers as required
- Undertake appropriate research of existing assets and investigation and design modifications / improvements
- Undertake the design activities using appropriate software and applying relevant design standards
- Using appropriate software to provide advice, solutions and successful project outcomes for clients
- Complete all work in line with company Core Values and in accordance with company Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in Electrical Engineering or other relevant subject
- Professionally qualified and member of a relevant engineering institution e.g. CEng / IEng MIET
- Experience in water industry and preferably previous experience in the design of water / wastewater treatment plants and water / wastewater networks.
- Computer literate with a good understanding of appropriate software packages
- Knowledge and skills in the in the planning, specification, design procurement and commissioning of projects
- Possess sound knowledge of current legislation and able to work in accordance with QA and H&S procedures.
- Able to integrate well into a team as well as work independently
- Experienced level of decision making and ability to prioritise and manage conflicting demands
- Strong communication skills all levels with the client, suppliers, contractors and design team – both written and oral
- Excellent organisational skills and able to multi-task
- Must be able to plan and prioritise work load effectively
- Excellent client service focus
- Flexible approach to work