They currently manage an international portfolio of over 700 MW of power generation facilities in Australia, the United States and Europe, utilising a range of fuel sources operating in four main areas: landfill gas, waste coal mine gas, remote energy, natural gas (NG, CNG & LNG) and diesel.
Purpose of Role
- To help ensure the business operates safely, effectively and achieves agreed revenue targets
- Reporting to the Head of Operations the Electrical Engineer supports to establish the professional and technical standards to help the business achieve the desired reliability on performance levels
- Must be conversant with Electricity at Work Act 1989 and BS7167
- Support and comply with Company policies and procedures as advised and documented in the Company's employment policies
- Actively support the implementation of the company values.
- To meet and exceed OHS&E targets including Zero LTI's.
• To comply with asset management and operational standards focused around group strategies for GEAMS in electrical safety - liaising with Electrical Engineering Manager based in Australia regularly to be;
o Responsible for the review of current systems performance to ensure they operate efficiently, effectively and safely, and are maintained through a strategy document and records procedure.
o Responsible for the review and upkeep of Data Management Systems including Maintenance Management, Management of Change, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Fault Finding etc.
o Review, develop and implement maintenance strategies and utilise the Maintenance Management and Safety Management Systems as part of the daily functions
• UK SAP for 11kv and below systems.
• To review and report on electrical systems and recommend improvement measures
• Identify opportunities for cost savings and make recommendations for execution
• Take the lead on the development and implementation of projects and electrical systems to budget and on time
• Actively ensure compliance with Health, Safety & Environmental rules and regulations
• Assisting in LV and HV electrical system strategies within EDL
• To take the lead on site trips and apply electrical safety to re-energise sites
• Manage external stake holders in particular sub-contractors
• Technical support for operations.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Senior Management Team, Head Office, Contractors and Regulatory bodies
• Manage a small team of process technicians/electricians
- Must have a minimum of 2 years HV experience of switching 11KV and 33kv systems
- Has a minimum of 5 years' experience of implementing and maintaining, HV / LV electrical systems, potentially as an electrical engineer
- Ability to read and understand electrical drawings
- Take ownership and leadership of engineering requests and requirements
- Is committed to assisting in the resolution of engine outages as and when the business requires
- Demonstrates an ability to work to industry best practice
- Demonstrates working knowledge of planned maintenance management systems
- A proven record of commitment to safety. i.e. Managing safe systems of work, championing site safety rules and issuing permits
- A proven ability to work in a climate of continuous improvement in a multi skilled environment, onsite and in the office
- Have strong change management skills to drive business improvement
- Demonstrates a flexible attitude to getting the job done
- Have excellent communication, leadership and planning skills
- An individual who is self-motivated, results driven and demonstrates attention to detail
- Computer literate, in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, MS project and Access data bases
- Maintains positive relationships with key stakeholders and customers
- Clean Driving License
- It would be desirable to have a recognised qualification in an appropriate engineering subject such as MEng / BEng (relevant skills and experience without this qualification will be considered dependent upon knowledge gained)
- Electrical Engineer
- efw plants