Our client is a growing and well known Multi Utility Solutions Provider and they are looking for a Design Engineer to join and established team. You will be working design projects in the new housing and commercial market sectors across Scotland.
- Plan and programme electrical works, including arranging shutdowns, generators, switching, linking and fusing, liaising with the customer and clients
- Support Operations teams, Project Managers and Site Managers with technical electrical engineering guidance
- Undertake training gap analysis on Delivery Staff and provide details to the Operations Manager to allow the training to be arranged. Ensure all required passports and competency certificates are up to date and appropriate for the work being carried out. Where suitable undertake in house briefings and Toolbox Talks.
- Assist Standards with the implementation and adherence of NERS processes.
- Support PM's / Site Managers in the accurate Order of Switchgear and ensure that all test and commission is undertaken in line with relevant requirements.
- Ensure HV works including earthing is carried out to the local DNO specifications
- Carry out HV cable testing to the adopting DNO requirements and issue relevant quality paperwork
- Identify HV cable faults including sheath faults and inform the Project Manager/Site Manager and Jointing Supervisor on the required solution
- Attend DNO HV connections and issue isolation and earthing certificate if required
- Emergency response for HV faults to ensure continuity and delivery of excellent customer service
- Should it be required in busy periods carry out LV energisations and supply point testing when required
- Assist in location of LV faults
- Connect generators to the LV network
- Carry out interim and final audits of substations and produce a remedial list for the Project Manager and/or Site Manager
- Undertake substation commissioning or witness commissioning carried out by subcontractors to ensure that the relevant processes have been followed.
- Carry out EEL final adoption audits for hand over to EEL
- Attend DNO audits when required
- Witness G59 testing for sites that have customer generation
- Carry out regular safety and quality audits before handing over assets to relevant asset owners
- Keep track of industry process changes and ensure that these are raised in house with the Standards team
- Undertake briefings and training on changes to processes as required
- Ensure quality work is being carried out and complies with the standards for all Asset Owners
- Take a lead role for health, safety and work quality on each project
- Use improved working techniques to increase efficiency
- Ensure that work is carried out safely and efficiently on all clients'/asset distribution systems
- Supervise working parties in live substations i.e site backfilling cable pits, client remedial works etc.
- Issue all relevant safety and quality documentation to new operatives or when policies and procedures have been updated.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum - HNC Electrical Engineering
- Existing SAP authorisations on IDNO networks
- Low Voltage/High Voltage switching experience
- Working knowledge of DNO's policies and procedures
- Technical skills relevant to Electrical Engineering
- Good IT skills.
- Excellent knowledge of & experience of HV/LV Distribution Networks, HV testing equipment & procedures
- Working knowledge of Standard Operational Safety Rules,
- Industrial hazards and Health and Safety Precautions