Position Title Electrical Engineer - Water
Job Category Engineering - Electrical / Electronic
Business Line Water
Office Location UK - Chesterfield
Job Summary Our client is looking for an Electrical Engineer to join their established Water teams in the North (Chesterfield and Leeds) or the South West (Basingstoke, Bristol and Exeter).
As an Electrical Engineer, you will work closely with their Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will be expected to deliver a high calibre of technical quality, contribute to bids, and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will seek innovation and trial new methods, being inquisitive by nature.
You will see delivery through from conception to handover. You will be responsible for the design of electrical installations typically including municipal water and wastewater pumping stations, ventilation systems, penstocks and valves, odour control systems, ICA design, preparing schedules and deliverables such as URS, FDS, single line diagrams, block cable diagrams, I/O schedules, load/instrument/equipment schedules and system architecture drawings. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders.
This role will include visits to site to carry out site surveys and the support of liaisons with clients, government authorities, contractors, suppliers. You will be tasked with delivering to agreed budget, programme and quality along with supporting the preparation of project budget & programme.
- Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
- Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures.
- Works on detailed or routine engineering assignments involving calculations and relatively simple tests.
- Proposes approach to solve new problems encountered.
- Identifies discrepancies in results.
- Provides guidance to entry level engineers.
- Performs work in accordance with agreed upon budget and schedule with moderate supervision.
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable
- Experience using a 3D Design tool and other proprietary software products
- Input into process and instrument diagrams, control philosophy and HAZOP reviews
- Experience of MCC, PLC/SCADA and instrumentation specification and design.
- A degree or equivalent in electrical engineering
- Working toward a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, IET
- Able to take full responsibility for producing, checking and approving engineering reports and designs
Your benefits will include:
Helping their employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to our client. If you join as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through their charity you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
For more information please contact Michelle @ Allen & York on: 07793 363603 or email email@example.com
I look forward to receiving your application!