Allen & York's infrastructure team are again working on behalf of a large international infrastructure specialist, to grow their central London team in response to work won on a major project. These positions are offered exclusively by Allen & York.
We are conducting a major round of recruitment into the London technical, project management and project finance teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an EPC organisation during a major growth period. You will gain exposure on the full lifecycle of the project, from pre-construction to post-handover. Opportunities are on offer here with this company that are seldom found in the UK domestic market.
- Reporting to Project Director, carrying out technical duties assigned
- Develop and optimise signalling and control system designs and estimate scope of works
- Review and verify client provided designs including bill of quantities and standards
- Develop designs and scope from feasibility studies to as-built drawings
- Develop signalling and control system design and philosophies
- Prepare specifications, drawings and datasheets to define the scope of work
- Prepare Invitations to Tender, leading bid evaluations
- Contract management of subcontracts from award to site delivery
- Undertake Test and Completion activities with suppliers and Client
- Attend sites and carry out inspections, identifying issues and proposing solutions
- Work with construction site team to manage installation of complex equipment and provide solutions to site signalling and control system queries
- Attendance and sign-off of performance testing at site
- Other related ad-hoc activities and deliverables as required
- BEng/ MEng degree educated. Preferably chartered with a relevant institution.
- 10+ years of experience working on rail project
- Previous work for EPC contractors in specification, procurement and delivery of rail signalling systems
- Understanding of relevant industry standards
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Experience managing subcontractor design work
- Proactive self-starter
- Foreign languages are a plus
This is a rare opportunity to join a growing team with sole access to a major international infrastructure project, and would offer the successful candidate fantastic personal and professional development.
This role is available immediately and we will be appraising and progressing applications as soon as they are received. Contact Tom Herbert at Allen & York for further details: firstname.lastname@example.org. Further positions are available within this team, in the project planning, project finance and procurement sectors. If this role is not for you but you are interested in finding out more, please get in touch.