Due to recent success in securing some large, long-term appointments an exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and proactive Employer's Agent/Client's Representative. This will suit an experienced candidate looking to work on a wide range of new build residential and mixed-use regeneration projects within London and the Home-Counties.
Primary responsibilities include:
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a sound grasp of undertaking the Employer's Agent duties from inception to completion of projects, including but not limited to:
- Working with senior colleagues to develop a client brief and assemble the project delivery team
- Procuring necessary consultancy services to develop a project to planning submission/tender.
- Working with senior colleagues to preparation robust and accurate tender and contract packages
- Under the direction of senior colleagues, performing key tasks in undertaking various forms of tender process (OJEU, framework and negotiated)
- The ability to review Contractor/Developer and Designer proposals and ensure that the Employer's Requirements are fulfilled
- Working with senior colleagues to prepare contract engrossments
- With support from senior colleagues, acting as Employer's Agent, Client Representative or Contract Administrator for the delivery of the project(s) which will require:
- A sound grasp of development control / regulatory requirements and funding / delivery standards within the housing sector.
- Chairing meetings, taking minutes and following up action plans.
- Undertaking most day-to-day administrative duties on the delivery of developments under the terms of JCT, D&B or similar Contracts or bespoke Development Agreements with some support from senior colleagues.
- An ability to record, document and instruct necessary actions as required for the delivery of Contracts.
- An ability to identify aspects of risk and to seek guidance from Senior Colleagues at the correct time in order to manage and mitigate such risks
Although you may have the ability to undertake many of the above functions autonomously, there is also support if senior input is required.
Person Specification - Essential Criteria:
- University degree in either Quantity Surveying, Building Surveying or a similar construction related subject
- RICS qualified, or close to sitting final assessment
- Experience in residential development
- Good interpersonal skills, able to interact with colleagues, clients and wider team in a professional manner.
- Able to work within a team
- Diligent with attention to detail
- Able to think ahead and problem-solve
- An ability to form and develop client relationships
- Experience in non-residential development (including education and hospitality sectors)
- Full UK Drivers Licence
- The post holder may need a DBS check due to the nature of the work involved