A well-known Consultancy firm providing a full range of integrated property services to both corporate and private clients is looking for a Junior Renewable and Energy infrastructure Consultant or Surveyor.
They advise on every aspect of developing the potential of land and buildings/holdings, from appraisal to execution. The team takes care of feasibility studies, planning processes, and the construction and commissioning of renewable or energy infrastructure schemes throughout the UK.
Aim of this role is to assist with the identification, management and development of energy projects across the UK, at all times ensuring that high quality standards of service level and professional behaviour are adhered to.
- Screening of potential energy development sites, particularly peak power generation / energy storage sites.
- Preparation, submission, and management of grid connection applications, and liaison with the Distribution Network Operators (DNO) and Transmission Connection Operator to secure favourable grid connections.
- Advising clients on the outcomes of budget and firm grid connection offers, and negotiating and arranging payment terms with the DNO and client.
- Completion of screening and feasibility studies reporting on site suitability.
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of planning applications, including liaison with Planning Officers and consultants, and drafting of design & access and planning statements.
- The drafting and agreement of heads of terms, and option & lease agreements.
- Completing investment appraisals, due diligence and valuations.
- Attending all necessary/related project meetings and site visits.
- Project managing external consultants, developers and stakeholder liaison.
- Assisting with identifying and delivering/referring/executing brokerage opportunities within the team.
- Developing contacts, sites and schemes in conjunction with other team members and undertaking professional consultancy and project management work in own right.
- Attending industry shows and events to promote and develop business.
- Keeping aware of key industry, policy and developments.
- Contributing to newsletters/articles/e-briefings/research documents/papers.
- Public speaking including seminars/conferences/exhibitions.
- Liaising with in-house teams i.e. minerals and waste, ecologists, infrastructures, commercial, rural and planning colleagues and endeavour to cross sell other CJ services to clients and contacts.
- Working towards the team achieving the Infrastructure & Energy Business Plan.
- Working towards achieving the firm's Vision 2020.
- GIS certified or experienced in using GIS and AutoCAD software.
- Sound understanding of energy technologies and the various technical and environmental constraints.
- Sound project management and business development skills.
- Full clean driving licence.
Behaviours & Attitude:
- Team player.
- Self-motivated with a drive to succeed.
- Commercially astute.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Willingness to take on responsibilities and develop business.
- Good organisation skills.
We look forward to receiving your application.