Our client is a leading independent infrastructure and private equity investment manager with over £2.6 billion of assets under management.
They are market leaders in is a market leading manager of solar and energy from waste / bioenergy assets, with a portfolio of solar assets across southern Europe, the UK, Australia and the USA.
To provide valuable input on the technical risks of our investments with a commercial mind acting to protect the investment interests of our equity investors.
Input would be required during;
- the pre-feasibility stage when developers approach us and need feedback on a specific technology,
- (ii) during conceptual design,
- (iii) during Engineering Procurement and Construction Contract negotiations.
- technical schedules need to be agreed and any other key aspects of the contract such as LD caps and performance warranties,
- (iv) during Construction when an EPC contractor is running late or not implementing proper Work Health and Safety protocols or attempting to get away with a Variation or Extension of Time,
- (v) during Commissioning,
- (vi) during Operations, and
- (vii) during any subsequent phase when we would be looking to exit from an investment and so would need to look at how best to optimise an asset's performance before marketing the sale.
- Mechanical, Chemical or Physics engineering degree would be ideal.
- Must be an Australian citizen or have PR and willing to work out of the Sydney office.
- There will be some interstate travel required, most likely on a monthly basis.
- Experience of anaerobic digestion, biomass, or/ and waste-to-energy
- Experience with 11kV, 33kV and 132kV PV or renewable energy plant connection at design and operational level would be appreciated.
- Previous experience as a board representative would be beneficial.
- Ability to communicate with third parties (i.e EPC/O&M contractors) effectively including speaking their native languages as required.
- A minimum 7 years' relevant experience is preferred.
- A good communicator with an ability to influence at all levels.
- Adaptable: able to quickly adjust to the varying demands of the projects and portfolio more generally.
- Numerate: familiar with financial models and their use to evaluate and forecast performance
- The portfolio is likely to be spread across a number of states in Australia and regular travel to the project locations will be required.
- Occasional overseas travel may be required for reference plant visits and training etc.