Location Corydon or Debry
Applications from other locations will be also considered
Not previous experience in Rail sector requested
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Manager to join a reputable organisation. Our client is a global innovative engineering organisation specialising within the Rail sector and is constantly providing innovate solutions for the rail industry. Our client is offering a great opportunity to its employees to develop a career within the company.
The Engineering Manager (Test & Commissioning)- PLC/ SCADA leads and directs the engineering test team to create and execute test strategies and plans for testing and commissioning of systems, products and project applications within agreed timescales and budgeted costs, and is accountable for its contribution to overall business performance.
- Lead and manage component and system test activity through the full delivery lifecycle
- Provide support for test related issues.
- Governance and approval of all acceptance testing
- Final approval for "Release to customer"
- Manage the design, implementation and maintenance of test environments, test equipment and test automation tools
- Communicate the business vision to direct reporting staff
- Develop and implement strategies to improve business efficiency within their allocated engineering domain, including process improvement, outsourcing, resourcing, technology, tooling, utilisation and re-use.
- Provide estimates for project and product engineering activities for tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process
- Provide practical input for strategic technology decisions and support the preparation of Technology Roadmaps
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent status
- An engineering background with previous management and leadership experience of systems engineering (ideally control systems engineering/ PLC/ SCADA) and software development test environments
- Proven experience in the selection and use of configuration management and change control tools and tester productivity to support systems and Power SCADA
- Experience of Commissioning and Site Acceptance Testing of complex systems
- Experience and knowledge of software and system test processes at all stages of the engineering lifecycle
- Experience in the preparation of test plans including defining test scenarios and test scripts
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant subject
- Proven experience providing estimates for engineering projects and tenders with regard to resources, plans, technology, risk and process
This is a great opportunity for an individual who is looking for genuine career progression within a company who strongly believes in the career development of their employees. You will also be working on and leading teams on some of the UK's most prestigious and high profile projects.
Our client is offering a negotiable salary + great benefits.
We look forward to receiving your application.