Allen & York has been engaged exclusively by a reputable higher education research institute who are seeking to appoint an Environment Manager to join an existing team of Sustainability & Safety specialists.
The Environment Manager will have line management duties and report directly to the Head of Sustainability. The role of Environment Manager is to provide sound technical knowledge and advice on the successful delivery of the Sustainability and Environmental strategy across the organisation working in partnership with relevant stakeholders and agencies. This includes designing, implementing and reviewing procedures that are compliant with relevant legislation as well as monitoring and reviewing performance of the Environmental Management System. In addition, team management skills are essential to this role as you will be responsible a number of environmental and waste officers. You will be working closely with and developing relationships within the organisation, communicating effectively on promoting sustainability, environmental and well-being policies.
To be considered for this role, the following Skills and Attributes are required:
- Educated to degree level within a relevant Environmental / Sustainability related subject
- Experience of undertaking environmental audits (ISO 14001) - Both internal and external and you will hold an Auditing Qualification.
- Project Management experience.
- Experience of designing, implementing and maintaining environmental management systems in accordance with ISO 14001:2015
- Proven management experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience of implementing and delivery training to a range of individuals
- You will be competent at analysing data and compiling reports
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience, liaising with a range of different bodies.
- Member of a Professional Body is expected
- If you speak Welsh, this will be advantageous.
In return, a competitive salary and package is on offer. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to find out more, please contact Vildan Cifci on 01202 888 986 ext 283.