Environmental & Social Consultant - Solihull
Would you like to join an Environmental & Social team in Solihull? Working on a variety of exciting projects, both in the UK and internationally. You will need to have a good understanding of lenders Environmental and Social Advisory assignments including due diligence,
- Contribute to and manage stand-alone tasks for Lenders Environmental and Social Advisory assignments including due diligence, monitoring and evaluation assignments.
- Support the team in business development activities, such as preparation of expressions of interest and proposals, promotional and capability materials etc.
- Help coordinate due diligence, monitoring and evaluation assignments, including subcontractor management.
- Establish and maintain relationship with external stakeholders, assist in and undertake other tasks as directed, including support to UK infrastructure projects as necessary.
The team has established a reputation among Multi-lateral Financial Institutions, Equator Principle Financial Institutions and Export Credit Agencies for advising lenders on environmentally and/or socially challenging and complex infrastructure projects.
Deliver Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD), environmental and social supervision/monitoring and other environmental and social impact assessment related assignments for flagship Projects in Eastern Europe, Caucasus, Central Asia and Africa. The team has recently been awarded a number of internationally high-profile assignments and has strong growth aspirations.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Typically, around four years of experience of assessing environmental and/or social impacts, performance and other aspects on infrastructure projects, including for projects financed by international financial institutions (IFIs).
- Experience of applying internationally recognized environmental and social performance standards (e.g. those of the World Bank Group, EBRD, EIB, ADB, International Labor Organization etc.), including those addressing social aspects, such as land acquisition and resettlement, livelihood restoration, labour and working conditions, community health and safety and stakeholder engagement etc.
- Experience on working on projects in one or more of the following sectors: Transport infrastructure, Power generation and distribution, Water, Municipal environmental infrastructure and Natural resources.
- Experience of working on projects, research or development assignments located overseas, for example, in Eastern Europe, Central Asia and preferably Africa, Latin America or Asia.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Fluent and able to work in foreign language - preferably French, or Spanish. Knowledge of other language(s) is an advantage.
- Understanding of socio-economic research methods and experience in applying these methods.
- Experience of providing and/or coordinating technical inputs for ESDD reports, Gap Analyses, Environmental and Social Action Plans, international Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, and independent Environmental and Social monitoring reports etc.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com