Environmental Assessment Advisor: Future Operational Impacts
A unique and rare opportunity has arisen for an Environmental Assessment Advisor. Focusing on the future operational impact of aircraft noise and emissions to air from the airport and airport-related traffic. This is a key supporting role ensuring high quality engagement across the programme and with external stakeholders. This will be key to the way my client operates the future airport and will have a profound effect upon the communities and the local natural environment. Whilst my client cannot avoid impacts, they have set out to reduce them, to compensate communities and to enhance the natural environment for people and wildlife.
Primary Focus of the Role is to:
Working closely with the master-planning, surface access and operational planning teams to ensure that the environmental challenges and opportunities (primarily around noise and emissions) of future operations of an expanded airport are understood and can be mitigated.
To achieve our ambition to deliver sustainable growth, it is essential that we can inform design and operational decisions with world-leading environmental innovation and based on high quality engagement with stakeholder groups.
To secure a high quality development consent for Heathrow expansion, we must be equipped to integrate a highly complex programme, robustly assess its environmental impacts and where possible reconcile stakeholder views.
- Support the expansion environmental assessment team to ensure that the airport masterplan and concept of operations for the future are adequately reflected in the environmental impact assessment - feeding directly into the work of the Environmental Assessment Managers with responsibility for Noise and Emissions.
- Manage internal and external technical working and stakeholder engagement groups as required by the Environmental Assessment Managers.
- Contribute to and inform stakeholder discussions, particularly with the airport operations community with regard to environmental innovation and mitigation
- Identify, suggest and capitalize on opportunities for environmental performance improvement within our future concept of operations for Heathrow.
- Ensure any proposed changes to operational arrangements from today's airport are identified and the potential for environmental impact consequences investigated and a mitigation plan developed.
- Provide technical analysis and reporting support to the Environmental Assessment Team in relation to future operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate holding a relevant degree, with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience of major infrastructure consenting and stakeholder engagement, preferably DCO.
- Familiar with working in virtual teams and across business departments.
For more information, please call Barrie Dempster on 01202 888986 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
I look forward to receiving your application