Business Development Manager Home Based
Location: West Midlands
An exciting opportunity to work for a leading accredited Environmental Consultancy based in the West Midlands as a Business Development Manager.
My client is growing and are looking to recruit an experienced Sales & Business Development Manager to proactively drive the growth of the Company's Environmental Services, in air quality monitoring and compliance. This is a home-based position with occasional travel to our offices in Worcester.
The role holder will achieve this by building critical relationships with existing clients and prospective customers that will generate sales and continuous income for the business. The appointed candidate will work closely with the Board in the strategic development of the market offerings of the Environmental Services in support of the overall Business Strategy.
As the company offers specialised services, the ideal candidate will have previous sales experience in environmental services and/or environmental consultancy and some knowledge of air quality and emissions monitoring.
They will be personable, flexible and able to adapt to represent the Company in a professional, ethical and competent manner. This is a permanent position based at home with occasional travel to our offices in Worcester. You will be required to travel across the UK. We are offering a competitive salary with additional bonus.
- Meeting and where possible exceeding sales targets for Environmental Services
- Preparation of proposals and tenders for Environmental Services together with supporting documentation
- Building and maintaining relationships with both existing and potential clients
- Liaising with clients/contacts, performing site visits and creating Site Reviews and Site-Specific Protocols
- Defining appropriate sampling and analysis methodology (with the support of our technical consultants)
- Management of the sales pipeline for Environmental Services, including generation of monthly and quarterly sales plans
- Customer service as per business/sales strategy
- Attending relevant seminars, exhibitions and conferences
- Maintaining up to date records on CRM and financial systems
- Proven sales experience in environmental services or environmental consultancy, demonstrating an aptitude to grow sales at both existing and new accounts
- A science graduate with strong scientific and technical credentials preferred, however experience will be considered
Some or all of the following are required for this position:
- Solid knowledge of the environmental sector
- Experience in Air Quality regulation, measurement and permitting
- Proven experience of developing sales strategies in accordance with business plans
- Previous management experience would be beneficial
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Please call Zoe Payne on 01202 888 986 Ext 202 for an informal discussion.