3-month contract (immediate start)
- Oversees the analysis and evaluation of air, water, and land systems to determine if pollutants are present and directs the implementation of appropriate corrective action if necessary.
- Audit, analyze and collate environmental performance data and reporting information to internal staff, clients and regulatory bodies.
- Develops and plans policies and procedures related to air, water, and land systems in accordance with SMW and government rules and regulations.
- Carrying out impact assessments to identify, assess and reduce environmental risks and financial costs.
- Promote and raise awareness, at all levels of an organization, of the impact of emerging environmental issues.
- Train staff at all levels in environmental issues and responsibilities.
- Keep up-to-date on the latest government environmental regulations, as well as any new policies instituted by PCC, to ensure that rules continue to be followed.
- Write environmental reports, assuming the lead responsibility with the company.
- Implement environmental policies and practices.
- Act as liaise with regulatory bodies.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in environmental science (Or similar)
- At least seven years of relevant experience in the field.
- Knowledge of Health and safety.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest in and understanding of environmental issues, relevant legislation and renewable energy sources.
- Possess confidence, initiative, commercial awareness and organizational, team working, project management and communication skills.
- Understand and utilize systems thinking to carry out problem solving.
- Negotiate and organize.
- Stimulate and manage change.
- Demonstrate a high level of computer literacy.
- Communicate effectively, both oral and written.
- Establish effective networks within the company and with external organizations.
To discuss this role further, please get in contact with Alex Carroll-Adams at Allen & York on 01202 888 986. ext. 286