My client are looking for a qualified and competent Health, safety and environmental professional, to join their organisation and become both a valued and established individual within the company, by working in synergy with the head of EHS.
- Perform risk assessments as required, particularly in process safety engineering, Controlling of substances hazardous to health (COSHH) and manual handling.
- Head up HSE audits internally and externally.
- Renew and keep informed of Health and Safety legislation and the client's procedures.
- Develop and educate workforce throughout the client company, on HSE competencies, identifying and performing the HSE training needs to a set standard schedule.
- Assist the EHS manager in the creation and implementation of Behavioural Safety Programmes and initiatives.
- Assist developing and maintaining of the site Process safety management system. through leading and participating in HAZOP, human factor assessments and hieratical task analysis etc.
- Liaise with external enforcement authorities on legal compliance with particular regards to the COMAH Regulations.
- Reinforce and strengthen the HSE culture at every opportunity within operations and projects.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to deliver high quality presentations at all levels.
- Good influencing and persuasion skills are essential.
- Strong and effective leader and manager.
- Ability to be an agent and facilitator of change
- Proven Planning and organising skills.
- Successful candidates will possess a NEBOSH General certificate, and be a technical member of IOSH (TechIOSH) as a minimum.
- Membership with the BOHS would be an advantage and membership with environmental health organisations such as the institute of environmental health would also be advantageous.
- Successful Candidates will possess a background in a chemical or pharmaceutical environment, having worked on tier 1 COMAH sites.
- Candidates from a petrochemical background would also be considered.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of current Health, safety and environment legislation.
If you are interested in this role and believe you have the experience required, or perhaps would like to find out more, please contact Jack Cornick on 01202 888986 or apply and I will contact you directly.