Environmental Impact Assessment consultant - Oman
Our client is a leading international marine consultancy company and provider of environmental consulting. Founded almost 17 years ago the company has an extensive track record of working with clients in the MENA region, Asia and beyond in different sectors.
The company is looking for an Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) consultant to join their team in Muscat, Oman. The primary role includes the provision of EIA technical skills across a broad range of sectors (O&G, Mining, Industry, Infrastructure, Power and Water, and marine and coastal developments including aquaculture) as well as to support delivery of related environmental management requirements, such as Environmental Management Plans.
The ideal candidate will be able to deliver EIAs, as well as coordinate EIA and environmental management inputs from other specialists within the company. This shall include the requirement to project manage, administer and liaise with both clients, inputs from experts in other disciplines (e.g. engineering, hydrology, computer modellers) and regulators in the delivery and presentation of contracted work and to conduct assessments, inclusive of any necessary field and baseline aspects, supported by our in-house specialists.
Profile and Requirements
We are looking for candidates having English as their first language with a minimum of a BSc in a relevant subject. EIA-focussed qualifications, such as courses such as offered by IEMA or degrees, are preferred. More than three years professional experience with an international environmental consultancy firm would also be desirable. The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- An understanding of the approach and process steps of environmental impact assessment for a wide spectrum of project sectors (as mentioned above) in infrastructure and manufacturing industry.
- Knowledge of Omani Environmental regulation and their application
- Basic knowledge of environmental monitoring and its role in EIA
- A high degree of competence in authoring, collating and editing technical reports, including proficiency in use of word processing and data analytical software
- Experience in aligning EIA reports to environmental safeguards as prescribed by Development Financing Institutions such as World Bank, IFC, etc.
- Strong organizational and project management skills including the ability to consistently deliver work on time
- Good communication skills including confidence to articulate and present EIA study findings within a workshop environment and interact with the regulatory authorities as necessary
- The ability to work directly with clients in identifying and developing mitigation measures and environmental management programs
- A flexible and dynamic approach including the ability to work independently as well as coordinate within a team
*Candidates must be prepared to travel throughout the GCC and internationally.