The role is positions within a leading development and infrastructure consultancy. Following an increase in workload alongside growth aspirations, we are currently looking to recruit an Environmental Planner/Senior Environmental Planner to join the Environmental team. This permanent position would ideally be based in the Reading office but Bristol or London could be an option for the right candidate. This is an excellent opportunity to join a fast-growing multi-disciplinary consultancy.
Undertaking projects across sectors including major residential, mixed-use and infrastructure developments helping to secure and implement planning permissions. The team are currently supporting some of the country's most significant regeneration, development and infrastructure projects and are seeking a candidate whose ambition matches our own.
The role offers the opportunity to work in a truly multi-disciplinary environment, giving access to a broad knowledge base with the support of experts across the business. It is anticipated that the role will include supporting and managing the delivery of environmental planning work streams, to deliver integrated environmental services, including:
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Strategic Environmental Assessment
- Sustainability Appraisal
- Health Impact Assessment
- Lighting Assessment
You will work closely with a range of clients, including blue-chip organisations, property developers and local authorities.
The successful candidate will have a minimum 4 years' relevant experience and will have a BSc or MSc in a relevant subject, or the equivalent level qualification. In addition, the candidate must have:
- broad understanding of environmental issues and disciplines;
- good knowledge of the planning system and development management procedures;
- capable of working on your own initiative or part of a team;
- ability to organise project teams and manage multiple data sources;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel would be useful but not essential; and
- be able to confidently engage with clients and all levels of management both internally and externally.
Ideally the applicant will be able to demonstrate competency and flexibility to meet the demands of the role. Flexible working options may be available