|Job Title:||Project Manager - Energy Estates|
|Location:||West Midlands, England|
|Salary:||Up to £40000.00 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Sally Woods|
|Job Published:||over 1 year ago|
Our Client is one of the UK's leading generators of low carbon power. They have a unique opportunity to play an active role in building out the UK power generation capacity requirements over the coming decade.
As the Project Manager in Energy Estates for this ambitious energy developer, you will be responsible for securing real estate and planning consents for future renewable and sustainable energy projects as well as managing current estates.
- Identification and evaluation of new opportunities to contribute towards their growth ambition
- By negotiation secure the necessary land rights, including ancillary rights for access and services, for the development, construction and operation of the projects.
- Ensure that land right negotiations are conducted in a manner consistent with the delivery of viable projects by negotiating in accordance with prior funding approvals, the long term plan or show acceptable financial returns on a case by case basis.
- Secure satisfactory project planning permissions in accordance with designs and specifications formulated in conjunction with the Development Project Manager and Development Technical Manager.
- Satisfactory planning permissions will not include onerous development, construction and operating and monitoring conditions. Any time limiting conditions will be in accordance with project finance and Capacity Market requirements.
- Support the estate management needs of the operational business, to include conducting rent reviews, lease renewals and securing planning renewals and variations.
- Prioritise and co-ordinate workload
- Ensure contractors adhere to HS&E requirements
- Manage and minimise risk and report on risk register
- Communication with Senior management, Projects and Construction Team, Landowners, Regulatory authorities (particularly LPAs), Procurement, Suppliers and customers, community representatives, Clients and Utilities Power & Gas stakeholders.
- Degree calibre education
- Ideally, land-related qualification (eg. RICS etc or land-related degree)
- Commercial and numerate
- Strong communication skills for dealings with landowners and agents
- Desirable knowledge of land market rental values
- This opportunity is based UK wide but with involvement in renewable energy projects in Scotland, Wales and England routine travel and occasional overnight stays will be required.
- Advise internal team members on the property aspects of development and construction projects to optimise the projects and maintain compliance with agreement requirements.
- Develop and maintain a strong network of property professionals to build on industry intelligence and market rates for renewable energy property transactions.
- Develop and maintain internal property document management and reporting practices.
- Provide input to project budgets and financial models.