Field Technician – Clean Water Modelling
My Client is looking to strengthen the leakage team with a Field Technician. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the field work programme. They should have some experience of field work, and a significant working knowledge of all processes involved.
- The field technician undertakes field work in line with the field work programme. They should have experience of the type of field work undertaken, and a working knowledge of all processes involved.
- Site Work Requirements
- Understanding of hydraulics.
- The field technician should have a general understanding of how a clean water network operates.
- Knowledge of field testing equipment.
- The field technician should understand the pressure, flow and depth logging equipment. This includes the set up and download of equipment, installation and removal, and intermediate operation checking. The field technician should appreciate the value of equipment, and treat the equipment correctly in accordance with its specification.
- Ability to organise the repair and maintenance of equipment.
- The field technician should be capable of recognising when equipment is due for maintenance, calibration or repair, and liaise with the field coordinator and field manager to ensure this takes place. The field technician is responsible for all equipment they have been assigned.
- Achieve targets arising from personal appraisal.
- The field technician should recognise they have a professional responsibility to achieve their agreed targets.
- Ensure good working relationships with management, colleagues and the public.
- The field technician should understand the client specifications to enable efficient delivery and service. They should have an understanding of how their role fits in within the overall structure, and recognise that the field element of modelling is key.
- The field technician is often the public's’ first point of contact for MWH and the client. The field technician must behave professionally and be polite, courteous and helpful to the public at all times.
• Participate in updating procedures and processes.
• Carry out tasks in line with company procedures.
• Ensure operations are carried out to the latest MWH Safe Systems of Work.
• Ensure a safe working environment for self, colleague and the public.
• Reduce waste to a minimum from all project activities.
• Assist in the production of safety plans for projects.
• Ensure that tasks are carried out to target times and quality standards.
• Ensure optimum use of company resources in area of responsibility.
• Works with the area field coordinator and field manager to ensure that the schedule does not overrun, both in terms of time and cost.
• Maintains an inventory of hired and owned equipment in their care.
- Driving License is essential.
- Basic computer literacy.
- NRSWA (Unit 2), Confined Spaces training and EUSR Blue Card/Scottish Water DOMS Card are desirable, but will be provided to candidates with otherwise strong CVs.