We are working with a global, multi-disciplined engineering and construction company. They are seeking to appoint a Financial Accountant to join the business based at the London office.
The Financial Accountant will be responsible for producing timely and accurate financial accounting information for the company and supporting other senior financial managers, some responsibilities are provided below:
- Assist with the preparation of monthly management accounts for the group and any management information required. And assist with the analytical review of month end results as required.
- Preparation of Overhead reports for Functional and Business Leaders
- Responsible for preparing accurate balance sheet reconciliations with full supporting documentation and action plans for any reconciling items as appropriate.
- Prepare journals as part of month end process or to correct errors
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and support change/improvements.
- Adhere to the group accounting manual, policies and control framework, to support successful external audit outcomes.
- Supporting the group audit and compliance programme for the business unit.
- Maintain good working relationships with stakeholders and colleagues.
- To provide analysis, data and explanations as requested for the statutory and regulatory financial reporting.
- Ad-hoc financial reporting, analysis and decision support as needed.
ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified or Significantly Part Qualified
Understanding of complex contracts and knowledge of IFRS15 and FRS102 - would be desirable.
Skills & Experience
- Project accounting experience
- Good working knowledge of MS Office products and Finance ERP systems
- Strong bookkeeping and reconciliation skills
- Worked in a large organisation