|Job Title:||Fire Risk Assessor|
|Salary:||£30000 - £45000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Tom Bullen|
|Job Published:||about 1 month ago|
Fire Risk Assessor
UK Wide - Varied Locations
As a member of the team, your will be required to undertake fire risk assessments within the UK under The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 and/or other relevant and adequate documentations when outside England and Wales. This will mainly involve desktop reviews of relevant fire documentation (e.g., existing fire risk assessment reports; existing fire safety strategy reports; fire drawings, such as fire compartmentation drawings) as well as site visits for carrying out the fire risk assessments and fire safety audits and supporting the fire safety discipline.
- Carrying out site visits when needed for conducting Fire Risk Assessments;
- Development of Fire Risk Assessment reports; Hazard Identification;
- Risk Based Interpretation and Application of these fire safety documents;
- Third Party Review/Design Verification;
- Attendance of internal design team meetings;
- Attendance of external design team meetings with clients;
- Assessment and understanding of the main British fire safety legislation and standards applied to buildings, such as Approved Document B (AD B), BS9999, BS7974;
- Supporting on the development of Fire Safety Strategy reports for both, the building and rail sectors.
- Must hold the NEBOSH Fire Certificate or NEBOSH Fire Conversion -
- Desirable: Technician status with recognised bodies IFSM/IFPO/IFE/NAFRAR would be preferred.
- Ideally, my client is looking for an individual who comes from a strong Fire/H&S Consultancy and technical background within the fire industry, having experience in other industries would be beneficial but not essential.
- In- depth knowledge and experience of undertaking fire risk assessments on various landscapes, properties, buildings, tunnels and construction projects.
- Hold excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be proficient in using the Microsoft Package.
- Well versed with the Health & Safety procedures.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to actively identify and pursue innovative and sustainable solutions to problems.
- Commitment to building relationships with clients & colleagues, networking via industry events and seminars, and actively engaging in profile raising through e.g. internal/ external presentations or speaking at events.
- The ability to add value to a client relationship and develop client accounts
- Strong commercial skills including the ability to understand a client's key risks and drivers, and the commercial context in which Clients operate.
- Commitment to actively nurtures talent in others by helping people build their networks, and coach and mentor others and share knowledge
What You Have to Offer-
- Recent experience in conducting fire risk assessments and fire safety audits; and writing fire risk assessment reports.
- As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) understanding;
- Fire Risk Assessors and Auditors qualifications should be recognised by a professional institution, such as FPA, IFE etc.
- Work independently on some set tasks and also contribute in a team environment.
- Take on challenges and work to support other experts within our team when the need arises.
- The role will also require helping to prepare proposals and marketing material in relation to our Fire Safety capabilities.
Additional skills and expertise in the following topics would be an advantage-
- Fire Safety Strategy principles;
- Understanding of fire dynamics, heat transfer and smoke behaviour principles in enclosed environments (particularly in undergrounds and tunnels);
- Basic understanding on Active Fire Protection (AFP) and Passive Fire Protection (PFP) systems;
- Basic understanding on Fire Safety Engineering principles and tools, such as RSETxASET analyses; fire modelling simulation (using zone models such as CFAST and CFD-based models such as FDS) etc.