Fire Safety Consultant -
Croydon, London, Cambridge
Salary - DOE (very competitive)
Currently seeking a Fire Safety Consultant for a global design and consultancy firm who specialise in the natural and built asset environment. As a successful and ambitious Fire Safety Consultant looking to enhance his career you should have previous experience of fire safety work in the built environment although other opportunities can arise. You will be joining an established company to support the fire team in Croydon, London or Cambridge. If you possess the necessary skills coupled with a fierce determination to grow and succeed with a supportive organisation and wish to maximise an amazing opportunity, please read on.
- Development of Fire Safety Strategy reports; Means of Escape analysis (including calculations of evacuation times; escape routes and exits widths; assessment of travel distances; development and assessment of evacuation strategy plans);
- Assessment and understanding of the main British fire safety legislation and standards applied to buildings, such as Approved Document B (AD B), BS9999, BS7974;
- Assessment and understanding of the main British fire safety legislation and standards, such as the London Underground fire safety standards, the Network Rail standards, e.g., LUL - S1371, Railway Safety Principles and Guidance (RSPG);
- Risk Based Interpretation and Application of these fire safety documents as well as other Codes of Practice such as international documents such as NFPA standards (e.g., NFPA 101, NFPA 130);
- Third Party Review/Design Verification;
- Attendance of internal design team meetings;
- Attendance of external design team meetings with clients with initial supervision;
- Supporting on the development of Fire Risk Assessment reports for both, the building and rail sectors
- The successful candidate would be expected to have a suitable engineering, scientific or other numerate degree from a recognised university.
- Qualifications should be recognised by a professional engineering body and the candidate should aspire to full membership of this.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic, versatile candidate who is willing to learn and get involved with projects, take on challenges and work to support other experts within our Safety Risk Management team when the need arises.
It would be an advantage to have knowledge / experience of some of the following:
- Hazard Identification;
- Understanding ALARP (As Low As Reasonably Practicable);
- Fire Risk Assessment principles;
- Fire evacuation;
- Appreciation or basic knowledge of Fire dynamics, heat transfer and smoke behaviour principles in enclosed environments (particularly in undergrounds and tunnels);
- Active Fire Protection (AFP) and Passive Fire Protection (PFP) systems; fire modelling simulation (using zone models such as CFAST and CFD-based models such as FDS).
If you are seeking a great opportunity to work with a global consultancy firm and wish to work in partnership with clients who consistently deliver exceptional outcomes through sustainable solutions, whilst taking the opportunity to grow your career and would like a full JD with benefits information, please apply using your CV.