Are you looking to work with like-minded innovative and cutting-edge Fire professionals? Seeking a challenging/rewarding and diverse portfolio? Utilising state of the art methods and fire engineering tools?
Through organic growth and securing further high profile contracts, our client, a leading specialist fire engineering company is seeking to recruit pro-active Fire Engineers ( all levels) to join their highly successful team in the North-West of England, Yorkshire, East Midlands, Scotland and Northern Ireland.
The key to their success is promoting and encouraging personal and professional development of their employees within an inclusive team environment.
You will be instrumental in guiding the fire strategy from concept (strategy, plans review, detailed design and planning application), embedding fire safety into the construction process, to completion, occupation and use.
* Means of Escape analysis (escape routes and exits widths; assessment of travel distances; development and assessment of evacuation strategy plans).
* Good knowledge on CAD (Computer Aided Design) packages for building up floor plans, sections, elevations of building designs.
* Good understanding on Active Fire Protection (AFP): fire detection and fire suppression systems;
* Assessment and understanding of the main British fire safety legislation and standards applied to buildings, such as Approved Document B (AD B), BS9999, BS7974.
* Risk Based Interpretation and Application of these fire safety documents as well as other Codes of Practice.
* Third Party Review/Design Verification.
* Attending internal and external design team meetings.
* Supporting the development of Fire Risk Assessment reports.
The ideal candidate will have a BSc. Or B.Eng related with Buildings, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or in Fire Safety & Risk Management.
A minimum of 2 years' Post-Graduate experience working in a fire engineering role and have a recognised fire safety qualification or strong experience in fire safety fields. Ideally working towards MIFE
Effective interpersonal skills and demonstrable experience of developing and maintaining productive relationships with all stakeholders is essential for this role.
Certificates from recognised fire safety institutions in the UK, such as FIA (Fire Industry Association), IFE (Institution of Fire Engineers) etc. are desirable for this role.
You will be a natural team player with the ability to build positive working relationships both inhouse and to all stakeholders (investors, designers, developers, supply chain and end users).
Comfortable operating using own initiative
Take pride in first class client service delivery
This is an excellent time to join a market leader in a creative, cutting-edge and dynamic work environment. There is an excellent salary and flexible benefits packages are available for suitable candidates.