Flood Risk / Surface Water EIA Lead
A rare opportunity has arisen for a Flood Risk / Surface Water EIA Lead at either Principal Consultant or Associate Director grade, based in Newcastle upon Tyne. Due to sustained strong growth in the Water Management business, my client is now looking for a senior level consultant to develop the capability in flood risk assessment and surface water environmental impact assessment (EIA).
You will need to be an experienced and authoritative professional who has the profile to lead hydrology and flood risk assessments for major infrastructure projects in the power, minerals and transportation sectors. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in effective delivery of complex, high profile projects in these disciplines. Experience of the Development Consent Order planning regime for Nationally Significant Infrastructure Projects is essential and experience of acting as an expert witness at DCO Examinations or Planning Inquiries would be beneficial. Over time, we would expect the successful candidate to develop take a significant role in business development and to develop their own team.
Prime Responsibilities & Duties
- Playing a leading role in project delivery, including managing the interface with clients and internal stakeholders. Supervising, coordinating and reviewing the inputs of others within the business to deliver high quality technical outputs that meet client requirements.
- Working with senior colleagues in the Water Management, Environment and Infrastructure Teams to develop business opportunities and prepare successful proposals.
- To manage or direct projects effectively, balancing programme, budget and quality requirements, and ensuring that the highest health and safety standards are adhered to.
- Over time, to assume staff management responsibilities.
Skills / Qualifications
- A first degree in a relevant environmental, science or engineering discipline is essential.
- An M.Sc or PhD in hydrology, flood risk or water resources management is desirable.
- Chartership via CIWEM, ICE or other relevant professional body preferred.
- A minimum of eight years' relevant professional experience working in hydrology, flood risk management or water resources management, at least some of which should have been in consultancy.
- Demonstrable experience of leading technical teams for successful project delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Successful track record in managing client and stakeholder relationships.
- Expert knowledge of regulatory context for flood risk management, planning and EIA and water resources in the UK is essential. Expert witness experience at DCO Examination or Planning Inquiry is preferred.
- Staff management experience preferred.
- Full driving licence preferred.
We look forward to receiving your application. For further information, then please contact Barrie Dempster at ALLEN & YORK LTD on 01202 888986 or email email@example.com